Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Aqua Funk?

One of my new favorite things to listen to.

I think in the near future I'm going to have to actually start paying for Pandora, because it has definitely been the soundtrack to my paper writing lately. Most recently I had to write a paper on Nell Noddings' Critical Lessons, What our Schools Should Teach. Definitely not something I would read by choice, it was required for my education class on current issues in schools.
She has some interesting on certain topics, and I can't say I agree with everything she writes about, but I think it was a pretty good book for this class. We've had to read four books for this class so far, and although I was not looking forward to it at the beginning of the semester I have really enjoyed most of the books, especially To Teach by Bill Ayers, apparently a friend of my professors. This book should be required by all aspiring teachers, Ayers is just very genuine and while critical of the current educational system also very insightful as to how to work around those problems.

I only have one week left of school until Thanksgiving Break and I get to see all of my family. I've been home twice since I left in August, and they've also come to visit me a couple of times, but it will be nice to be home for more than a couple nights. I am especially excited about Thanksgiving lunch! Turkey is my absolute favorite and I just cannot wait to chow down :D Also the possibility of stopping by the Book Nook and getting some new reading material not required by a course is ridiculously exciting. Unfortunately the fact that it means it is almost Thanksgiving means I have ended my time with the first graders. For the past eight weeks I have been in a school, working with a first grade class and I have fallen in love with each and everyone of them. I plan on going back for their holiday parties of course, but I will definitely miss my Monday and Wednesday mornings with them.

It's Wednesday now, and i feel like this week is just dragging by, and I have so much left to do by next week. I have 16 one and a half page journals due on my experiences with the first graders, a project on an aspect of pop culture and its effects on society today, and a capstone presentation on what I have learned in the field. Oh I also have to turn in 4 physical activities that I have done since the beginning of the semester for my swimming class by Monday. Busy, busy, busy, but that's okay, because I think I can find time to squeeze some fun in there somewhere!

Here's to hoping I can get everything done on time.

No comments:

Post a Comment