Saturday, July 3, 2010

A Lisztomania, think less but see it grow...

Here I am on a Saturday night, well truly late afternoon, eating a bowl of honey nut cheerios and trying to come up with a list of things I would like to do before I a) turn 21, or b) graduate college. I feel like I haven't had much time to just relax this week what with working out, working (which I started a newish schedule which dicombobulates me completely on what day it is), birthday things, and other fun activities. I'm certainly not complaining because I do believe this is the best summer I've had in a long time, but it is also kind of wearing me out a little. So before the 4th of July festivities begin tomorrow I determined that tonight would be spent being super lazy! Well not super lazy, because I do have to do laundry, but at least relaxing. I am not planning on leaving the house! Which at the moment appears to be all mine. So here I sit thinking about the list, which as I've been writing have decided that the deadline will be graduation. This list is just things I would like to do or try, not too many necessary things on it.

Here's what I have so far:

- Bust my ass to graduate on time (May 2012)which equals taking summer classes to make up for lost credits due to the change in major.
- Go skydiving or bungy jumping
- Continue to work out at least 4 days a week
- Eat something from home at least 2/3 of my meals a day
- Work on my cursive and my signature
- Enter artwork into a show, and make it in!
- Visit New York
- Visit California
- Finally go on a plane trip!
- Do something artsy/crafty once a week
- Take a dance class
- Take a self-defense class
- Read all of the books that are currently on my shelf before buying/borrowing more
- Work on my etsy shop
- Eat less red meat
- Visit my relatives more often
- Start reading the newspaper
- Blog more!
- Join a volunteer group
- Get a job/apprenticeship at a tattoo parlor
- Learn how to make homemade margaritas
- Seriously look into both grad school and the peace corps and what they have to offer

That's all I can really think of right now, I'm sure I'll add more on a later date, or maybe even later tonight.
I think this is a good thing for me, 2010 has brought major changes to my life already and I'm enjoying them all, so why not make a few more! the past couple of years I haven't done much with my life and I think I'm ready to actually experience things. The summer is just the beginning :)

Another thing to add onto the list: Learn to control strain or consciousness writing, goodness I have poor quality writing.

Well anyways, here's to lazy summer nights and eventful days ahead!

No comments:

Post a Comment